Thursday, December 05, 2013

Book Review: by Lilly Lace

Lilly Lace is a new author at Amazon who I noticed over the holiday. I decided to give her books a read and I have to say that I really enjoyed them. Here is the one I'll talk about today: Ex-Wife's Revenge.

This was a short story with a lot of punch. The story involves a man who treated his ex-wife poorly in a divorce. He assumed that she couldn't do anything about it. Then he meets the perfect woman in a bar. He really wants to have sex with this woman and she seems interested in him. They go back to his place, where she tricks him into putting on some women's clothes. Naturally, she's working with the ex-wife to turn the tables on Richard. She also has a fantastic secret I won't reveal here.

This story was very enjoyable. I loved the way Richard was slowly pulled in by the woman, deeper and deeper into her little game, completely unaware that he was being set up. You know it was a setup, but it still kept you guessing. I also love the surprise too about who this woman is. I won't say more to ruin it for you, but I will say that Lilly does such a good job pulling you in that the whole thing really becomes enticing.

As for the writing, Lilly has a lot of talent. She's very good with descriptions, very good with pacing, and great at writing vivid scenes. She excels at erotically humiliating moments. The book is very exciting and I expect to revisit it many times. I personally prefer long stories, but given the cheap price, I think this is more than fair.

You can buy the book here LINK, and if you agree with me, please leave your review at Amazon. Tell others that they should support this author and buy this book. It really is important.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lilly's books are very well done, great scenes but a little steep in terms of price for 6000 words in my view, despite that I have to admit I have bought more than one. Like you I will revisit the stories, in part as they are short and a very easy quick read. If you like longer stories I don't know if you have read Sonja Says by Lady Lisa Rose Farrow but it's a good read and at $3.07 for 147 pages very good value too.

Marie

Ann Michelle said...

Marie, I tend to think all the books at Amazon are overpriced. But $2.99 seems to be a common price for 6,000-8,000 word stories. And I too plan to buy her books because I think they are very well done.

I haven't read Sonja Says, but I'll check it out. Thanks! :)

TomTame said...

I saw Lilly had a whole series, but I haven't bought any yet. 2.99 is a little steep for such shorts, but at least at Amazon it's the cheapest you can sell with your royalties at 70%. Oh well. . . . The Lady Lisa Rose Farrow books are also good, and unpredictable. You never really know who is going to end up submissive and who will end up dominant in the end. Thanks for the review, I'll have to check out her work.

Ann Michelle said...

Tom, Her books are worth checking out. They are quite fun.

On the price, as I say above, it's really not out of line at Amazon. I'm finding that anything in the 6,000-8,000 word range is being priced at $2.99. Below that tends to get the $.99 price. I'm also finding that almost anything above 9,000 words is at least $3.99.

To me, the bigger issue is good quality, and that's kind of rare -- so I like to point it out when I see it.

Ann Michelle said...

Tom, By the way, congrats on your new book! :)